Tryton - Issues

 

Issue3672

Title Clean translation doesn't clean double xml error message
Priority feature Status in-progress
Superseder Nosy List ced, pokoli, reviewbot, xcodinas
Type behavior Components
Assigned To xcodinas Keywords review
Reviews 35291002
View: 35291002

Created on 2014-02-12.13:01:10 by ced, last changed by reviewbot.

Messages
review35291002 updated at https://codereview.tryton.org/35291002/#ps40001
review35291002 updated at https://codereview.tryton.org/35291002/#ps20002
msg32360 (view) Author: [hidden] (pokoli) (Tryton committer) Date: 2017-03-08.14:18:29
I have a few concerns about the migration:

- Should we remove cls._error_messages? Or deprecate them and register the  messages to the new ir.translation table. 
- Should we keep the current translations values? Or we should introduce the ir.message records as new strings to translate? The latter have the benefit that they can be reviewed but I'm wondering if this will be too much work.
New review35291002 at https://codereview.tryton.org/35291002/#ps1
msg32358 (view) Author: [hidden] (xcodinas) (Tryton committer) Date: 2017-03-08.13:46:03
I'm going to make a script that will migrate the actual error data to this design.
msg32357 (view) Author: [hidden] (xcodinas) (Tryton committer) Date: 2017-03-08.13:41:37
I add review35291002 that adds ir.message and uses it for the error messages.
msg32036 (view) Author: [hidden] (pokoli) (Tryton committer) Date: 2017-02-17.14:37:25
Just droping a note to take in account issue6277 when implementing this.
msg15589 (view) Author: [hidden] (ced) (Tryton committer) (Tryton translator) Date: 2014-02-12.13:01:08
As the wizard always skip those error translation, if there are changes on it,
it keep for the language the old one and the new.
It is not a big issue because the get_source will search for matching origin.
This could be fixed by changing the way error messages are defined.
We should create an Model for such message (ir.message) where the «name» will be
translatable and replace all the error message defined in the models by record
in this table. This way, we will have unambigus links: «xml id» - «db id» -
«model» «res_id».
History
Date User Action Args
2017-03-14 11:34:52reviewbotsetmessages: + msg32485
2017-03-09 12:01:04reviewbotsetmessages: + msg32384
2017-03-08 14:18:29pokolisetstatus: testing -> in-progress
messages: + msg32360
2017-03-08 13:59:27reviewbotsetnosy: + reviewbot
messages: + msg32359
2017-03-08 13:59:25reviewbotsetreviews: 35291002
keyword: + review
2017-03-08 13:46:03xcodinassetmessages: + msg32358
2017-03-08 13:41:37xcodinassetstatus: chatting -> testing
assignedto: xcodinas
messages: + msg32357
nosy: + xcodinas
2017-02-17 14:37:25pokolisetstatus: unread -> chatting
messages: + msg32036
2017-02-16 13:52:21pokolisetnosy: + pokoli
2014-02-12 13:01:10cedcreate

Showing 10 items. Show all history (warning: this could be VERY long)