Created on 2022-03-28.09:38:32 by yangoon, last changed yesterday by roundup-bot.
New changeset a6dd8f998847 by Cédric Krier in branch 'default': Prevent to create more than one resource type translation per module https://hg.tryton.org/tryton-env/rev/a6dd8f998847
New changeset f9f50619c89c by Cédric Krier in branch 'default': Prevent to create more than one resource type translation per module https://hg.tryton.org/trytond/rev/f9f50619c89c
New changeset de15822a9f1e by Cédric Krier in branch 'default': Prevent to create more than one resource type translation per module https://hg.tryton.org/modules/company/rev/de15822a9f1e
Indeed we should forbid to have more than one partitioned string per module for a resource type of translation.
I see no case where we can not just append at once all the content.
I think it is the best solution because converting the
help type into a source type will force a new translation to be created if the source change instead of marking it fuzzy.
Moving 'help' from _ressource_types to _source_types indeed seems to resolve the issue.
Test results from a fresh database with module company installed and German language activated:
one translated item for "<Return>- "employee" from the current user" is present in German
Now doing 'Synchronize Translations' results in
still only one translated item, but with switched Source to "<Return>- "companies" from the current user" in German
Each repeated 'Synchronize Translations' switches the Source of the single German translation string.
Ok, if it is intended to have two separate translations the issue is indeed different and is the one I wanted to file separately.
As far as I have tracked it down the translation sync does not seem to work correctly. The extraction seems to work, but I am still checking. At least it can also be verified by checking on https://translate.tryton.org/translate/tryton/company/de/?q=current+user&sort_by=-priority%2Cposition&offset=3, that there is no entry for '"companies" from the current user'.
I will expand on how I came across the issue:
in one of our tests there is a regression on version 6.0: the number of the foreign translation items does not correlate to the number of the original translation strings.
I tracked that down to be caused by
""companies"" from the current user" "" "False" "ir.rule,domain" "Englisch" "Hilfe" "-1" "company"
""employee"" from the current user" "" "False" "ir.rule,domain" "Englisch" "Hilfe" "-1" "company"
When doing a translation sync from the Tryton client the according items to translate are switched between the two sources. Further investigation showed that help strings are declared as ressource types. The related query
to create translations selects only on column translation.name.as_('name'), which is the same for both entries (ir.rule, domain).
So much for the moment, I will have to repeat/do further tests on a fresh database.
Do not understand. Which is the current issue? Could you please clarify?
For me this is correct as there are two different translations which are then joined on the help message.
cls.domain.help += '\n- "companies" from the current user'
instead of replacing
cls.domain.help += '\n- "employee" from the current user'
Double checking this obviously also led to wrong translations
|2022-09-25 20:20:06||roundup-bot||set||messages: + msg78296|
|2022-09-25 20:20:02||roundup-bot||set||messages: + msg78295|
nosy: + roundup-bot
status: testing -> resolved
nosy: + reviewbot
status: in-progress -> testing
|2022-09-11 20:24:02||ced||set||assignedto: ced|
messages: + msg78027
nosy: + ced
status: need-eg -> in-progress
|2022-03-28 11:55:03||yangoon||set||messages: + msg74827|
title: Missing translation extraction/sync for help strings -> Missing translation after sync for help strings
+ trytond, - company|
messages: + msg74818
title: Duplicate override for cls.domain.help -> Missing translation extraction/sync for help strings
nosy: + pokoli
status: unread -> need-eg